Our environmental work
We contribute to a more sustainable world.
As one of the leading companies in our industry, we do everything we can to continuously develop Stockholmsmässan’s sustainability work as a way of doing our bit to be kinder to our planet.
Stockholmsmässan’s activities involve a lot of people; employees, organizers, exhibitors, visitors, hotel and restaurant guests. Together we create meeting places that promote knowledge and inspiration among people.
We strive to conduct our business in a sustainable way. We work with for example energy and waste issues with great commitment on a long term perspective. Our employees and their working environment is also a focus area.
Social commitment is a given and we support several organizations. We are convinced that active sustainability work creates new business opportunities and increases the company's long-term value.
2017 Stockholmsmässan supported the following organisations:
- Vit Jul – IOGT/NTO (Swedish temperance movement)
- Ecpat Sweden
- BRIS (Swedish non-profit children´s rights organization)
- Älvsjö AIK Fotbollssektionen (Swedish sports club)
- Ung Företagsamhet (Young Enterprise)
More examples of activities 2017:
- In collaboration with Bee Urban, there are five beehives with 300,000 bees on the roof of our facility, which contributes to biodiversity. The bees produces about 100 kg of honey a year
- More than 95% of our waste is recycled
- 100% of our employees are trained in "World-class service"
- Mässrestauranger, who runs all the restaurants, is KRAV-certified
- Scandic Talk, who runs the hotel, is Svanen-certified